Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Formal request to Polyethene

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
166 replies to this topic
ruespenli
  • Guests
  • Last active:
1+ AHKL

sharethewisdom
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Last active: Dec 18 2014 08:44 AM
Well put. I'm supportive.
Looking back to 2008, as an amateur, I feel like I made much more progress than I thought. Just by reading. More elaborate documentation for more advanced usage would help me understand other people's scripts more easily. And perhaps, a change is as good as a rest.

aaffe
  • Members
  • 1045 posts
  • Last active: Jan 16 2014 01:32 PM
+1 AHK_L

0x150--ISO
  • Members
  • 657 posts
  • Last active: Apr 07 2012 09:06 PM
FREE :geek: http://is.gd/LNWEKw and :ugeek: http://is.gd/3EOFhl!
How much is their bail?

himanshu
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • Last active: Jan 04 2013 03:35 PM
Was just wondering if there are any updates on AHK_L being made the main version?
The poll and the community in general clearly seem to be in favor of that.

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM
has a direction/plan been reached yet?

lordkrandel
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2013 12:47 PM
+1 in favour of AHK_L.

Eedis
  • Members
  • 1775 posts
  • Last active: Aug 14 2015 06:33 PM
I may be a little out of place for saying this as I have only been back for about a month from being away for a long time and a lot has changed since I've been back. But I've noticed that polyethene is being a little unresponsive/inactive a lot. I've noticed that he posts one post every other day and when a big issue comes up, such as the autohotkey.net, he is no where to be found even though he's the only one who can do anything about it. I don't know what has happened in the past couple of months, so please correct me if I'm out of place, but I kind of feel that maybe somebody should jump up as Administrator along side with poly, to handle issues when he is away. What happens if something bad happens to 'poly'? This site will die and no one will be able to jump into action.

I feel that an 'admin' should take very active part in the community and should keep the members informed at current issues and upcoming issues. Being an admin is no easy task, much like being the mayor of a city is not an easy task. I just feel like there should be more than one 'Admin' that has complete control over the forum. I understand poly has a life and that it shouldn't revolve around this forum 24/7, but to be an admin, you have to take very active part in the community and taking care of it. So... to poly... To help ease the stress on you running a site by yourself and to relieve you of some of your burdening responsibilities, may I suggest promoting someone to be admin along side with you?

Also, maybe the moderator team could be adjusted a little. I mean, having a mass group of moderators for the entire forum is a little inefficient in my opinion. There are two main forum's; AutoHotkey and General. I believe there should be a team leader for each of these forums with a little more power than regular moderators. The moderators should be sectioned off into respective forums or subforums, maybe have each mod cover two subforums or something of the like? I just think it's a little inefficient how it is setup right now and every other forum I frequent in the past has done it this way.

I'm practically new here nowadays as A LOT has changed and I was inactive for the entire forum transition, so don't take this in the wrong way and please consider my formal request. I would also like to hear some opinions of other members.

Thank you. :)
AutoHotkey state, the forum, Poly, and Drainx1. The short story.
I love my wife, my life, my atomic-match; for giving me the greatest gift a man could ask for, such a perfect and beautiful little girl.
9rjbjc.png

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2015 01:09 AM

But I've noticed that polyethene is being a little unresponsive/inactive a lot. I've noticed that he posts one post every other day and when a big issue comes up, such as the autohotkey.net, he is no where to be found even though he's the only one who can do anything about it. I don't know what has happened in the past couple of months, so please correct me if I'm out of place, but I kind of feel that maybe somebody should jump up as Administrator along side with poly, to handle issues when he is away. What happens if something bad happens to 'poly'? This site will die and no one will be able to jump into action.

+1
Check out my scripts.  (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs) All my scripts are tested on Windows 7, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM
i agree.

poly should at least say something to acknowledge the problem with ahk.net. silence doesnt help anyone.

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM
Re: Moderators in sections - the active moderator crew is actually pretty small, I think. We are set up in such a way that we are all on at different times of the day, and many of us frequent certain areas, and tend not to go to others. I know girlgamer covers the gaming sections, and I cover General and Support (but not Scripts, the subforums there, or Gaming in Support)

I'm usually on in the morning Eastern US time (for a quick spam check), and sometimes after dinner. girlgamer is on CA time, I think, SKAN is on India Time, and others cover from Europe and Asia. This actually works out to fairly even coverage. We also have a shared set of guidelines and procedures for how to handle certain situations. Certain moderators have slightly more power (user management), but we can all move/edit topics and ban usernames (we have a procedure if we need an IP ban). Editing posts specifically is limited to minor corrections (fixing links or formatting) and I will fix misspelled usernames, but we don't fix grammar or non username typos.

If you ever see a topic that needs attention (spam, abusive user, bad code formatting (like using bold inside code), etc), just hit the report button on the bottom right of the post, and say what you think is wrong. We do actually get and respond to those reports (usually by fixing the issue and closing the report). Do you think any forum is getting less coverage than needed or is having inconsistent moderation? Other mods can check the logs and work out the issues among ourselves, if we know about them.

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM
as far as someone working as a site admin with poly see my sig i think thats should fairly well catch u up to speed on that subject
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

dylan904
  • Members
  • 706 posts
  • Last active: Nov 14 2016 06:17 PM
Please consider Polyethene.

himanshu
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • Last active: Jan 04 2013 03:35 PM

Please consider Polyethene.

Indeed please do.

Does anyone have any updates on this / the future of AHK/AHK_L?

krunkz
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Jul 27 2012 06:42 PM
compromise needs to happen somewhere. Most of the old scripts here are no longer available and that's a vulnerable position to be in especially if some of the most contributing members (code wise) are threatening to leave and not responding to users request to retrieve the code. Maybe I don't understand everything/anything, maybe because I didn't read everything, but maybe its a push into the right direction, a more advanced direction, a smarter direction.