How to resolve a OnMessage() and a ComObjGet conflict?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
kidbit

How to resolve a OnMessage() and a ComObjGet conflict?

23 Oct 2013, 08:09

If you run this code and connect/disconnect a flash usb drive - the script will return an error 0x8001010D - couldn't carry out the outgoing call, because the application currently handles an incoming synchronous call.
How to fix that?

Code: Select all

SetTimer, ProcessList, 1000

OnMessage(0x219, "WM_DEVICECHANGE")
return

WM_DEVICECHANGE(wp, lp)
{
    Static DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL := 0x8000, DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE := 0x8004, DBT_DEVTYP_VOLUME := 2
    If ((wp = DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL || wp = DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE) && NumGet(lp + 4, "UInt") = DBT_DEVTYP_VOLUME)
    {
        dbcv_unitmask := NumGet(lp+12, "UInt")
        Loop, 26    ; The number of letters in latin alphabet.
        {
            Letter := Chr(Asc("A") + A_Index - 1)
        } Until (dbcv_unitmask >> (A_Index - 1))&1
        MsgBox, % "Диск """ Letter ":"" " (wp = DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL ? "подключен" : "отключен")
    }
}

ProcessList:
    For Process In ComObjGet("winmgmts:").ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process")
        indexProcesses++
Return
question := (2b) || !(2b) © Shakespeare.
HotKeyIt

Re: How to resolve a OnMessage() and a ComObjGet conflict?

23 Oct 2013, 08:15

I think you have to split the tasks into 2 processes or don't use COM but EnumProcesses.
kidbit

23 Oct 2013, 08:20

Thanks for your reply.
Well, I can't afford running more than 1 process.
Would you be so kind to provide an example of the use of EnumProcesses? I'm still quite newb to translating WinAPI syntax to AHK calls to WinAPI functions.
HotKeyIt

23 Oct 2013, 08:39

Sure ;)

MsgBox % ProcessCount()
ProcessCount(){
	static proc,init:=VarSetCapacity(proc,1024*4)
	If InStr( ",WIN_NT4,WIN_95,WIN_98,WIN_ME,WIN_XP,WIN_2003," , "," A_OSVersion ",")
		DllCall("psapi\EnumProcesses","PTR",&proc,"UInt",1024,"UInt*",pBytesReturned)
	else DllCall("K32EnumProcesses","PTR",&proc,"UInt",1024,"UInt*",pBytesReturned)
	return pBytesReturned//4
}
kidbit

23 Oct 2013, 08:50

Thanks for the code, but seems like I explained the problem poorly. I should have provided more code from my script.

ProcessList:
	Global processesSnapshot := [], Global scriptsSnapshot := [], Global indexScripts := 0, Global indexProcesses := 0
	For Process In ComObjGet("winmgmts:").ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process")	; Parsing through a list of running processes to filter out non-ahk ones (filters are based on "If RegExMatch" rules).
	{	; A list of accessible parameters related to the running processes: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa394372%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
		indexProcesses++
		processesSnapshot[indexProcesses, "pid"] := Process.ProcessId ; Fulfilling the array processesSnapshot with processes' PIDs
		processesSnapshot[indexProcesses, "exe"] := Process.ExecutablePath ; Fulfulling the array processesSnapshot with processes executables' paths.
		; processesSnapshot[indexProcesses, "cmd"] := Process.CommandLine
		If (RegExMatch(Process.CommandLine, "Si)^(""|\s)*\Q" A_AhkPath "\E.*\\(?<Name>.*\.ahk)(""|\s)*$", script)) && (RegExMatch(Process.CommandLine, "Si)^(""|\s)*\Q" A_AhkPath "\E.*""(?<Path>.*\.ahk)(""|\s)*$", script))
		{
			indexScripts++
			scriptsSnapshot[indexScripts, "pid"] := Process.ProcessId	; Using "ProcessId" param to fulfill our "pidsArray" array.
			scriptsSnapshot[indexScripts, "name"] := scriptName	; The first RegExMatch outputs to "scriptName" variable, who's contents we use to fulfill our "scriptNamesArray" array.
			scriptsSnapshot[indexScripts, "path"] := scriptPath	; The second RegExMatch outputs to "scriptPath" variable, who's contents we use to fulfill our "scriptPathArray" array.
		}
	}
Return
That function of yours seems to just retrieve the total number of running processes upon calling it, and I need to gather per-process info into an array or an Object (but I don't know how to work with objects) to save these data for later parsing.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”