WinMinimize with Advanced Renamer Software has unintended behaviour

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Cr8zy_Ivan

WinMinimize with Advanced Renamer Software has unintended behaviour

11 May 2023, 11:35

I use "WinMinimize, A" to Minimize all my Windows and Software. For some reason Advanced Renamer Minimizes to the Taskbar only when you click on the Minimize Icon in the Titlebar. When I use my AutoHotkey Hotkeys to execute "WinMinimize, A", Advanced Renamer "Minimizes" to some weird little bar at the bottom of the screen, just above Windows' Start Button.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on?

Advanced Renamer:
https://www.advancedrenamer.com/
mikeyww

Re: WinMinimize with Advanced Renamer Software has unintended behaviour

11 May 2023, 13:34

I did not try it, but programs can do what they wish in handling this, create custom title bars, etc. Some things that sometimes work are sending the key sequence to activate the system menu-- which often includes a minimize option-- sending a "close" command if the window closes to the taskbar, or using a click (last resort) on that icon just as you would do manually.

If a program has multiple windows, it is also possible that you need to minimize a window other than the active one.

In many instances, I feel that we do not optimize our abilities to interact with program authors. These authors are often willing to help identify the solutions for their programs, or even modify their programs to accommodate new needs.
FanaticGuru

Re: WinMinimize with Advanced Renamer Software has unintended behaviour

11 May 2023, 18:06

Cr8zy_Ivan wrote:
11 May 2023, 11:35
I use "WinMinimize, A" to Minimize all my Windows and Software. For some reason Advanced Renamer Minimizes to the Taskbar only when you click on the Minimize Icon in the Titlebar. When I use my AutoHotkey Hotkeys to execute "WinMinimize, A", Advanced Renamer "Minimizes" to some weird little bar at the bottom of the screen, just above Windows' Start Button.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on?

Advanced Renamer:
https://www.advancedrenamer.com/

This works for me with Advanced Renamer.
PostMessage, 0x0112, 0xF020,,, WinTitle, WinText ; 0x0112 = WM_SYSCOMMAND, 0xF020 = SC_MINIMIZE

FG
Hotkey Help - Help Dialog for Currently Running AHK Scripts
AHK Startup - Consolidate Multiply AHK Scripts with one Tray Icon
Hotstring Manager - Create and Manage Hotstrings
[Class] WinHook - Create Window Shell Hooks and Window Event Hooks

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”