Copy from excel and paste in Oracle

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
amitm92

Copy from excel and paste in Oracle

14 Sep 2018, 06:24

Hi, I'm new to this forum and urgently need help for one of the tedious activity I'm doing right now, any help will be highly appreciated!...I have an excel file with two columns namely (1) GFR and (2) Request type with data of around 500 rows. I want Autohotkey script to copy a cell like A2 from excel and paste the value on a oracle screen and then copy cell B2 from excel and paste in diffrent field in oracle screen. Then click ''Go'' on oracle and change one of the drop down in Oracle from ''No'' to ''ASL restricted'' on the next screen. Then click apply and then ''OK'' on the next screen. And I want this to do it for all the rows available in excel file.

Would it be possible in Autohotkey? I have seen a friend of mine doing the same years ago.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
bordop

Re: Copy from excel and paste in Oracle

14 Sep 2018, 13:41

Totally doable with AHK. If I were you i would try pulover's macrocreator first, you can learn a lot from it and deconstruct the code to write more robust/reliable code directly in AHK.
FanaticGuru

Re: Copy from excel and paste in Oracle

14 Sep 2018, 18:28

Getting the information from Excel is easy.

Code: Select all

F12::
  xlApp := ComObjActive("Excel.Application")
  for Cell in xlApp.Range("A2:A1000").Cells
    if Cell.Value2
    {
      ; Do all your clicky, pasting, tabbing stuff in Oracle
      ; But for now just display the values from Excel
      MsgBox % Cell.Value2 "`t" Cell.Offset(0,1).Value2
    }
    else
      break
  MsgBox DONE 
return
Typing the information into another program is more difficult to explain because it will depending on things like knowing the names of the controls into which to enter the info or very specific key combinations to navigate through the fields in the other program. This stuff will be specific to your case.

FG
Hotkey Help - Help Dialog for Currently Running AHK Scripts
AHK Startup - Consolidate Multiply AHK Scripts with one Tray Icon
Hotstring Manager - Create and Manage Hotstrings
[Class] WinHook - Create Window Shell Hooks and Window Event Hooks

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”