Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

7plus V. 2.5.0 - Improve Explorer/Win, Launcher, Automation

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic
fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
It's a tough question because it's not really clear which events should be disabled by default. Many are just hotkeys that will only get noticed by the user if he looks them up or accidently presses them (which probably happens rarely). There are a few that should maybe be disabled by default (namely, hot corner window switcher and capslock) since they might be seen as unwanted intrusion, but the others?
I'm already hiding the more advanced events, but I still have them enabled by default.

About the saving, I think what you meant was a bug in the previous version. In 2.5.0 it should not happen, or did you notice it there as well?

anarki
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Last active: Mar 05 2012 12:08 PM
Yep, i started using 7plus with 2.5.0. Searching for an entry that produced the issue.

Edit: Disabled the two elements in /All Events/7plus, applied, mind something else for some minutes, alt-tab back to 7plus options and then pressing OK, 7plus process hangs up with full load. Hm, seems too happen only when the options dialogue was opened for some time. Could reproduce that two times after disabling different events. Hm.

Sorry i can't be more specific right now.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
I think I'll add some notification windows when common tasks are executed. They'll only show up once to avoid annoying the user.

Example:
User pastes something with CTRL+V. There are a number of different hints which could be shown:

1) Using Clipboard Manager with WIN+V
2) Pasting text or images as files in Explorer
3) Using Accessor to search the stored clips

Other such things could be copying a file, changing the volume with the volume keys, moving a window, ...

Edit: The example mentioned here isn't going to work for now due to this issue. Other tips can be shown though.

segalion
  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • Last active: Oct 16 2014 09:20 AM
Hello fragman... Im surprised for your great program...
Im interested in multiline listview and I have seen a screenshot at <!-- m -->http://b.imagehost.o...97/Accessor.png<!-- m --> where you can see multiline listview...
When Im runnig your program in WXP I canĀ“t reproduce it.

Do you know how I could get multiline support in one listview?

Thanks in advance...

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
I get that automatically when I'm using large icons.

segalion
  • Members
  • 50 posts
Please could you be more explicit?
I have been trying a lot googling and ahkforum ... and I can understand how to get this:

multiline inside listview in report (multicolumn) mode view in WindowsXP.

When you say large icons means...
. some option in 7plus?
. some diferent listview mode
. some ImageList creation (LV_SetImageList(hIL,0|1|2) ;0 for large icons

Can be possible post a minicode listview to recreate (if this is easy)

Thanks in advance...

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
This works on Win7, can't test on XP:
Gui, add, Listview, w300 h300, a|b
hIL := IL_Create(1, 1, true)
id := IL_Add(hIL, A_AHKPath)
LV_SetImageList(hIL, 1)
LV_Add("Icon" id, "Lorem ipsum", "Some text")
Gui, Show

segalion
  • Members
  • 50 posts
Thanks a lot, fragman

The same code in XP do NOT works as expected.

Maybe something related to comctl32.dll versioning...
I would like to has a gui similar to chat with photo, and could be great photo in one column and chat (multilne) in other, but seems its not possible.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
You could use gdip or maybe a html control to draw the things manually. It's more complicated of course.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
I have implemented (and tuned) a ranking algorithm for the Accessor launcher to provide better sorted results. Ranking is determined by user defined plugin priority, current context, match quality and usage frequency of a single result. These indicators are added to provide a value which is used for sorting. Usage frequency declines over time to provide a fading effect and to make sure that this indicator doesn't get much more important than the others.

There are also some more goodies coming for the explorer (and possibly similar windows like file dialogs). These include quickly searching the files from the current directory, selecting the resulting files from such a search in explorer and opening a file with a program that gets selected through Accessor.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
I'm currently updating the documentation to account for all the new changes.
Here's the new FAQ: <!-- m -->http://code.google.c.../7plus/wiki/FAQ<!-- m -->
Anything missing? Comments/Suggestions/Ideas?

ironcates
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Last active: Oct 14 2013 02:32 PM
Hey, thanks for the update. I love 7plus. You continued support is much appreciated.

Okay, one issue I've been having is that I tried running 7plus in portable mode but I can seem to get it to work. I made a shortcut and added -portable after the quotes in the line labeled Target as it says in the FAQ but that throws a not valid error.

Thanks in advance.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
What is the exact error you're getting? The target field should look somewhat like this: "D:\Projekte\Autohotkey\7plus\7plus.exe" -portable. The quotes are only needed when there are spaces in the path, I only added them here for demonstration.

ironcates
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Last active: Oct 14 2013 02:32 PM
Okay, I got the shortcut to work. (Perhaps I left a space out)

Now I get the error.
"No file access to settings files in 7plus directory. 7plus will not be able to store its settings. Please more 7plus to a folder with write permissions, run it as administrator, or grant write permissions to this directory."
All events are blank when I open the settings.
I went to the file and clicked off the check box for Read-Only in the Properties and tried it again and the same error came up and the file properties had turned back to Read-Only.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
I just added support for triggering recipes of IFTTT with 7plus. A good example for this is a twitter client integrated in the 7plus launcher (called "Accessor") that works with IFTTT.

Pros: Many extra features possible with 7plus without much extra work.
Cons: Requires manual setup by the user and an IFTTT account and is less flexible than direct support (i.e. no retrieval of shared file URLs from within 7plus).